I have so many friends who are now blogging that I thought I would give it a try. I am not a writer and you my find some grammatical errors as I post :) I hope this can give you a little insight into our daily lives and the fun we have every day.
So what to write about in my very first post? Well I guess I will start with the most pressing thing in my life right now. We are moving!!! It is kind of crazy but such a blessing for our family. Why are we moving?, where are we moving?, when are we moving?, & what do the girls think of the move?
First of all we are moving due to the Promotion that Darin received with Humana, he will no longer be a sales rep but will manage a team of sales reps in Eastern Arkansas. I am so proud of all of his hard work! Since that is his new area we have decided to move into a rental home in Cabot, AR. I thought this process would go smoothly but I have been wrong plenty of times before and this is proving to be one of those times. Darin went and looked at a few rental homes and found one that would be perfect for us until we can purchase or build a home of our own. We needed to put money down to hold the place until we officially moved but with Darin's company paying for our move we had to wait on the relocation check. We discussed this with the Realtor and they told us we could post date a very large check and they would hold it until later this week. Well guess what???? They went ahead and deposited that check. Well that caused several problems but the main one being the check would be returned to them. After discovering this over the weekend I immediately called the Realtor and left a message. I heard back from them today and I am not pleased at all. They acted like we should have never post dated a check (specifically told to do that by one of their agents), we should have included a letter with the check explaining everything we needed to do (asked about this and told it wasn't needed) and last but not least they never hold checks and are not sure why we thought that would be ok. Needless to say I was not very happy, I understand mistakes are made but when I call with my concerns and you blame everything on me and my husband that does not ease the situation. In fact it makes me very frustrated with you so much so that I tell you that you should better train you agents if you would like additional business :/ Not my most shining moment but I do feel better. We will still get the home and we will be stuck with the fees and hassle that all this has caused us but we will not recommend them to anyone and will write a letter of complaint (after we move in of course).
Here a a couple of pictures of our new rental house
So on to the remaining questions
We are moving this coming weekend, it all has happened so fast. The girls and I will "camp" out at our current place for a week after our things are moved to finish up their last school weeks and close out some business in NWA.
The girls are both excited about the move and sad to be leaving the area. Brooke cries if we discuss leaving our church or her school friends but gets very excited about moving and eventually getting to paint her own room pink. Kayleigh is not really sure about anything and is just kind of going with the flow. One down side is that we are going to have to find a home for our puppy. This makes the girls have very sad faces every time we talk about it. :(
On a more positive note I do not have to pack any boxes for this move :) Darin's company is going to pack and move us without me having to do much. This is going to be great since Darin is currently spending his weeks working in Little Rock.
Ok this first post is going on forever so I am going to close but will try to keep everyone updated on the move and how the family is adjusting. :)


No comments:
Post a Comment